Wednesday, October 10, 2012

introspect that sheeeitt

Introspection is hugely necessary to recovery. I MEAN IT. I don't think you can get anywhere without it. Now I used to say thought is like a wall to recovery. I believed that thought gets us nowhere, and that's a hard stance. In my case thought would not lead me in the direction of progression. It would only make things worse and more negative. It wasn't til I found enough stability that I began giving my thoughts the right direction. It started by basically taking the parenting approach. How would a parent treat their kid, and from that I went well they would encourage and support them unconditionally. Starting out when you're weak you need to start loving yourself as a parent would their kid. We are the lost and confused, but we're going to start giving ourselves the boost we need.

In the beginning I would remember a thought I had that day, write it down, then turn it around. Thought-changing is a basic idea in recovery circles, anyway that's where I started. I believe through the process of subjecting our thoughts to our inner parent we are able to change them for the better. This can become common practice. You can do this on the fly when a mean thought enters your brain. I prefer writing it down so I can cross out the old thought, and write a beautiful new true thought.

Of course introspection is not limited to thought changing, but it might be a good excecise to start with. Write out a thought, and summon up your inner wisdom and inner parent and change that thought around. Over time you can start looking over all the thoughts you've had and begin seeing trends, a good step to a self-inventory which their will be a lot to talk about later.

good luck yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment