Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Higher Power

I've come across this in AA, and different self-help literature. They all point to something which is... we need to find our higher power. I believe in the power of the human spirit. I believe in the ability for human beings to overcome difficult obstacles in life. I believe when they tell you you're going to be ill your whole life, and in and out of hospitals, that it's false. I choose not to the believe that. I choose to believe we are human-beings on a journey that takes dips, gets off track, comes back around, and continues on in a kind of funky dance with stability. But, we are propelled all the while by the human spirit. We are all resilent people. People with mental illnesses are some of the toughest people to ever walk the earth. Even when they're crying out to be helped, and at their worst we pull through... driven by the human spirit, and the belief that we are going to get better. that life improves. that with work we can overcome our situation, and live a life that feels good. have some happiness, and some of what we desire.

my higher power is a kind of faith in people, and their ability to overcome. what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment