Monday, January 28, 2013

work harder, think smarter

so as people with mental illnesses we're faced with the reality of trying to make something of our lives. now some of us feel just coping is a full-time job, but it's one life to lead, but ok, there are some things we can do about this:

1.) Balance Wheel
http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_93.htm (how to create one!)
This is a great visual aid that shows you as a complete person. It also reminds you how you need to allot your time in order to feel like the many sides of your life are in harmony. It's perfect for making you feel like your life is in order, and its effects are not limited to mood improvements. I love my goddamn balance wheel, though I neglect it too often.

2.) Optimism
http://www.findingoptimism.com
An interesting idea, but a certainly good one. Optimism is a program designed for recovery. Rate your moods everyday. Identify your triggers. Track sleep. A lot of stuff going on here. I've toyed with it, and I like it. Now if only I didn't neglect using it. This is all about learning how your illness works, and education is a solid, always. Also easily customizable to all your symptoms.

3.) Video Log
I use a mac, and I've been doing this for a little while. Short videos on how my day went covering the interesting parts, and what i need to do, how i feel about things. The most useful aspect actually was to be able to visually see how stressed i was, and how heavy things were weighing on my mind. Try a video long, see where it takes you!


No comments:

Post a Comment