Monday, March 18, 2013

bad vibes

Dealing with continuous anxiety... phooey.

I guess I'll say anxiety is in line with avoidance. You think you'll get anxious (or more anxious), and anxiety sucks, therefore you adjust to isolation/avoidance. Well that can't happen. Honestly you want to just be relieved, but I'm a fervent believer in keeping things normal-or sticking to going out, going places, conversing, hanging out, and sticking it out. I find myself a little more self-conscious then usual, but as they say: the only thing that doesn't matter one bit in this world is what other people think.

Go to be aware of cognitive distortions, especially fortune telling defined as:
"You anticipate that things will turn out badly and feel convinced that your prediction is an already-established fact."

I'm going to get anxious by going over to my friends house.

rather

I'm going over to my friends house, and we'll see what happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment