Friday, February 8, 2013

coping, more cope...

When it comes to coping I'll try anything. I like to combine things especially with deep breathing. The biggest thing for me to set it off is exercise. I think that is big in a bunch of ways: the health factor, the fact that a lot of us are overweight from medication, and because it is a stress reducer. It sets the stage real good for other coping techniques. I'll get home after a run and pour a hot bath, plop in, and put some soulful music on; maybe some Al Green, Dennis Brown, Dee Dee Sharp. I'll take some deep breaths and relax as the songs soothe me. I think you could add some incense, that ain't hurtin'. I like to take my time and wash my entire body feeling the sensations, which is soothing and brings you into the moment. Not forgetting the fact that hygiene is forgotten by some of us, so this could be a great routine to add to your day. At that point I'm pretty relaxed, and it's good because it slows everything down. I get out and finish my ablutions, and put on my most comfortable clothes and I'm ready to go. I think the ritual is a great way to get fresh and ready for the world.

The whole ritual combines soothing, healthy exercise, and getting back into the moment. A potent mix!





No comments:

Post a Comment